Ask Your Doctor
Ask your doctor questions to learn more about your risk for heart disease and what to do about it. Learn what you can do if you are at increased risk or already have a heart problem.
- What is my risk for heart disease?
- What is my blood pressure?
- What are my cholesterol numbers? (These include total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglycerides.) Make sure your doctor has checked a fasting blood sample to determine your cholesterol levels.
- Do I need to lose weight for my health?
- What is my blood sugar level, and does it mean that I'm at risk for diabetes?
- What other screening tests do I need to tell me if I'm at risk for heart disease and how to lower my risk?
- What can you do to help me quit smoking?
- How much physical activity do I need to help protect my heart?
- What's a heart-healthy eating plan for me?
- How can I tell if I'm having a heart attack? If I think I'm having one, what should I do?